Wednesday, September 14, 2005

back in the day

It took me a while, but I think I can finally write about love. My first true love. I remember the day vividly... wait a minute, no I don't. It was a little while ago. But I remember enough to tell the story. It was early in the school year, and I saw her sitting there with some of her newly made friends (she was definitely young and new to the school, so these couldn't have been people she'd know for any length of time), and I knew that she was more than anything I'd ever seen in a girl- nay, a woman. She had a sense of maturity that I'd never seen in anyone my age before, but at the same time, a youthul cheeriness and innocence that was so free that made you think that she didn't have a care in the world. I looked at my watch and realized I had to go, but I hoped and prayed that I'd run into her again.

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony. I saw her less than 5 hours later, in my third class of the day. I walked into the class, and it was almost as if she was waiting there for me; she looked at me as I walked in... she did that stupid hair flick thing that girls do that drives guys wild... and then she flashed me the warmest smile I'd ever seen. I've always been a relatively shy person, but that smile gave me the courage I needed to walk over to approach her. I was a nervous wreck on the inside, but I beamed nothing but pure confidence on the outside. As I approached her, I had no idea what I was going to say, but being the warm soul that she was, she took that responsibility on herself.

"Hi... what's your name?"
"Umm... J-J-Jay..."
"Well, hello Jay. I'm Ms. Krause, and your seat is right here, in the second row..."

And thus, my 8th grade english teacher crush set the standard for every woman I've met since.

1 comment:

SR Phoenix said...

Awww!!! I loved Ms. Krause! She taught me the hourglass method of writing essays... and thus began my crush as well.