Wednesday, October 05, 2005

playoffs - post 2

Tuesday afternoon interoffice e-mail dialogue, circa 2:00 pm (red sox play at 4:00):

JJ: Red Sox Nation... needs to be bombed. Immediately.

C: You really do need to spend the month of October in New York...you're totally going to be/are that angry guy who yells for no reason at all on the subway or "T" as you call it.

JJ: As far being angry... well, as long as the White Sox knock out the Red Sox in the first round (and we all know they will), I'm going to be pretty content up here in ol' Beantown during October. Seeing Red Sox fans sad about their team will actually cheer me up much more than seeing the Yankees win. I mean, I've already seen them win 4 titles!

Tuesday afternoon intraoffice e-mail dialogue, circa 3:45pm:
T: the sox start their first game soon. i will keep you posted!!

(15 min later...)
JJ: I think something's wrong with my computer... it says that the White Sox are winning 2-0, but it's only the bottom of the first inning! Do you have the real score?

T: SHUT UP!!!! ONE MORE COMMENT AND WE ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS!!!!!!!

My end-of the day email:
interoffice hostility has grown 100-fold in the past 10 minutes...
white sox: 5
red sox: 0
# of rabid sox fans who have been reminded of that: all

Commentaries:
T: I don't even know where to begin to respond to that!! I am deeply hurt. I thought we were friends and that I could get past the fact that you were a (shudder) yankees fan. Apparently I can not!

C: hahahahahaha...you're so getting fired by 5:00

K was going to email a response, but she was too appalled... she physically came down to my desk and scolded me.



Hahahahaha... I rule.

(Yankees lead their series 1-0, Red Sox trail in their series 0-1)


Non Sequitur:
Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story
- Holy crap... The most amazing purchase I've ever made. It's a Family Guy movie that went straight to DVD. You must see this immediately. It will blow your mind.

Jets news: This just in... they suck. Vinny Testaverde gets the start this Sunday, vs. the Buccaneers. I guess it can't get much worse than last week...

(famous last words...)

No comments: