Monday, August 29, 2005

gotta start somewhere...

I wonder if it's possible to create an interesting, entertaining, semi-autobiographical, periodical publication on the internet that is some how unique and unlike every other stupid blog that exists. Personally, I don't think its possible (for me, anyway) for three distinct reasons:

1) all blogs are inherently self-serving and done either by egomaniacs who need to hear themselves talk (one type of person i despise) or by people who think they have an important message that they and only they can relate to the world (which is moronic)

2) I'm not a writer, or even vaguely artistic, by any stretch of the imagination

3) I'm not really an interesting person

That being said, I feel like this should be an interesting experiment. The main reason I've decided to create a blog is that my life has taken quite a few unexpected twists and turns in the last couple weeks/months/years, and I figure, if I'm going to vent to anyone, it might as well be...well, everyone in the world, I guess. Part of me is probably seeking pity. Part of me enjoys being an angry person and yelling at people. And part of me realizes that I'm hilarious (or insane... it's a fine line) and that I need to make sure I write some of my hilarity/insanity down so I don't forget it. At any given time, these posts might cover a variety of topics, including (but not limited to): my health, trying to get into med school, the boring life of an office drone, poker, despising the Red Sox and Patriots while living in Boston, missing/hating my ex-girlfriend, my attempts at either getting over the aforementioned female or getting her back, and random drunken rants encapsulating any or all of the above.

So... yeah. Here goes nothing...

1 comment:

SR Phoenix said...

Are you calling me an egomaniac? Thanks a lot aquaboy... haha.